Business Development Consultant (PE, Eastern Cape)-EE/AA Candidates Only
By : Siya Toto -
A position is available for a Business Development Consultant in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape.
Business Development Consultants are committed, driven, results oriented advisers who are able to work on their own as well as in a team environment writing business in accordance with targets laid down. Business Development Consultants advise primarily on motor and household domestic insurance. Business Development Consultants are also expected to introduce other specialist advisers from the Group where appropriate. These included:
- Investments, pension, health care and life insurance.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Proven track record in the Financial Services industry with a knowledge of all aspects of short term insurance
- Minimum of three years sales experience preferably in the short term industry with payslips as proof of previous commission earned.
- Excellent sales record over a number of years (minimum three).
- FAIS compliance
- Be professional at all times with prospects, clients and staff
- Presentation skills, both 1:1 and to groups
- Capable of competently using Powerpoint and other visual aids and software packages.
- Ability to present professionally to Executives and Corporate Accounts.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Source sufficient lead generating opportunities to ensure that you can quote at least 100 prospects per month.
- Maintain and update your Lead Generation Matrix on a weekly basis.
- Once a quote is requested the consultant must arrange a one on one meeting with the client in order to conduct a proper needs analysis and offer professional advice.
- Manage the Corporate process which includes group presentations to corporate staff, one on one consultations, ensuring regular communication with staff, participation in corporate events, advertising and general relationship building.
- Complete weekly reports that reflect leads, quotes and sales as well as the source of the leads, average premium, total premium and any other pertinent information which may be required from time to time.
- Keep up to date and fully informed on product comparisons with opposition products.
- Ensure that you are up to date with all own product changes.
- Generate interest for and introduce other AF specialists to prospects where appropriate.
- Meet all KPI’s as laid down
- Be compliant in all activities in accordance with regulations and standards of all Insurance regulations and professional guidelines and ethics.
- Meet continuing professional development objectives as required by the industry.
- Maintain appropriate skills and knowledge in order to provide specialist, professional financial advice in all relevant business areas.
- Maintain the required dress code and professional appearance.
- Drive and initiative
- Negotiating skills
- Self development
- Skills development
- Product knowledge
- Competitor knowledge
- 8 hours spent on managing your lead generation matrix
- 10 hours phoning prospects for meetings / quotes or on site visits to corporate affinities
- 15 hours preparing and attending meetings with prospects
- 5 hours for preparation of proposals
- 2 hours weekly report preparation
- General admin/queries
- Regular support meetings with Regional Sales Managers
- Ongoing coaching
- Attendance at all sales meetings
- Business Unit: Sales
- Directly Report to: Sales Manager
- Location: Port Elizabeth